Thursday the 18th July
Gravel road ride to Tiaro, Kilkivan, Widgee.
Ride Leader: Peter Palis
Departs from: Rotunda at the Gold Mining Museum, Monkland.
A ride for Adventure styled bikes. We will not be traveling at breakneck speeds, its about enjoying the environments and the great outdoors.
Tiaro, Kilkivan, Widgee route;
- From Gympie out on Wide Bay Highway turn left towards Sexton. (35kms)
- Sexton to Miva Bridge, for a looksee if the bridge work is completed. (24kms mostly gravel)
- Miva Bridge back to the Munna-Miva Rd (1km), follow it to the Woolooga-Bauple Rd. (9kms gravel)
- Run up to Tiaro on the tar. (29kms) Smoko break in Tiaro.
- Over the Mary River bridge and follow Glenbar Rd through the Glenbar State forest, then into Akuna Rd until we meet the Woolooga-Brooweena Rd. (42kms gravel)
- 16kms on the tar, then turn left to Running Creek Rd.
- Travel 22kms on gravel to Kilkivan. Lunch break.
- Travel South on the Wide Bay Highway to Blacksnake Rd (3kms).
- Follow Blacksnake Rd passed the Blacksnake mine. (17kms) (some tarred road, with great views)
- Continue through Wrattens Forest back to Widgee. (20kms gravel)
- Widgee to Gympie (25kms)
Total distance for the day is 250kms.
All up there is about 150kms of gravel road on this run and the rest being tar sealed.
Cheers Peter Palis