Thursday the 8th August
Gravel road ride on the Brisbane River Western Branch road.
Ride Leader: Peter Palis
Departs from: Rotunda at the Gold Mining Museum, Monkland.
A ride for Adventure styled bikes. We will not be traveling at breakneck speeds, its about enjoying the environments and the great outdoors.
Brisbane River Western Branch ride.
- Gympie to Widgee on the tar. (25kms)
- Travel on the Upper Widgee Rd, Quandong Rd, A-Flat Rd (gravel road 20kms) over Wrattens Forest. (30kms)
- Then turn left onto the tarred Kinbombi Road, right onto Manumba Rd to Elgin Vale sawmill. Stop for a break; bring your thermos and smoko. (20kms)
- Elginvale to Forestry Rd/Western Branch Rd (6kms).
- Now on the gravel road to Linville (60kms). We will cross the Brisbane River about 20+ times on this section of the ride into Linville. Stop for a break.
- Linville to Moore (8kms).
- Moore to Kilcoy. (32kms) Stop for a lunch break?
- Kilcoy to Jimna. (40kms)
- Jimna to Kenilworth via Sunday Creek Rd (46kms gravel).
- Kenilworth to Gympie (50kms)
Total distance for the day is 311kms
All up there is about 130kms of gravel road on this run and the rest being tar sealed.
Cheers Peter Palis
0435 255 472