Thursday the 29th August
Gravel road adventure ride to Jimna via Borumba and Monsildale Road.
Ride Leader: Peter Palis
Departs from: Rotunda at the Gold Mining Museum, Monkland.
A ride for Adventure styled bikes traveling good gravel/tar roads. We will not be traveling at breakneck speeds, its about enjoying the environments and the great outdoors.
1. Travel out via McIntosh Crk Rd, gravel now on Calico Crk Rd, Burgess Rd, Mooloo Rd, Pie Creek, Langshaw, the Muster site (35kms).
2. Travel towards Amamoor turn right into Happy Valley Rd, right into Kandanga Rd, left to Mitchell Creek Rd. (22kms)
3. Then we will travel towards Borumba dam and turn off just prior to the dam into Bella Creek Rd. A pit stop here, BYO smoko. The road is then gravel all the way to the Kilcoy-Murgon connection road. (37kms)
4. We will travel along the gravel Kilcoy-Murgon connection road towards Jimna (12kms), then turn right into Monsildale Road.
5. Travel 34kms along the gravel Monsildale Road and join the Kilcoy to Jimna tarred road and head up to Jimna (25kms). There we will stop for lunch, BYO lunch will be the order of the day as I'm not sure what is available here.
6. From Jimna we will travel back along the Kilcoy-Murgon road (29kms) to the Kandanga Creek connection road.
7. Turn right and travel the gravel road to Diamondfield Rd( 47kms).
8. Turn left into Diamondfield Rd (7kms) to Amamoor. Stop at the Blue Tea Pot for a break.
9. 18kms back to Gympie from here.
All up it is about 270kms which is approx. 70/30 gravel/tar, which we will do at a leisurely pace and I'm expecting to be back in Gympie mid-afternoon.
Cheers Peter Palis. 0435 255 472